I have been very fortunate since starting my writing challenge, and subsequently starting a blog and joining Twitter, to have found some really great people through their Tweets and their blogs. It’s been a real joy to find people who share the same love of writing and books that then tweet and blog about their experiences, and like me just share their lives, too.
One such person I’ve “met” in the Twitter-verse is Bill Cunningham, who was kind enough to read my blog and kinder still to say he enjoyed it. He also just nominated me for the One Lovely Blog Award on his blog, which you should check out because it’s quite good. You can also follow him on twitter at @cunninghamb103
I’ve done another blog hop award for the Versatile Blogger award awhile back, which you can read here. Like that one, this award comes with the challenge to share 7 things about me that you wouldn’t know and then to nominate other bloggers whose blogs I think you should go check out. I’ve listed a few I’ve included previously, but also quite a few I’ve found through following other writers on Twitter, so I’ve also included their Twitter handles. Be sure to follow them there as well. 🙂
If I’ve nominated you, do not feel obligated to continue the blog hop, but if you do, please link back to my blog as the person who nominated you. I’d appreciate it. 🙂
So here goes – 7 things you may not know about me:
1) I have two rescue dogs, one is a terrier mix mutt that is my oldest son’s dog and the other is a sweet old chocolate lab. She’s the only other girl in the house so I love her. 🙂
2) I love movies that are based on Jane Austen books. Ang Lee’s Sense & Senisibility is a favorite, as is Joe Wright’s Pride & Prejudice.
3) Kindness is key. One of my all time favorite quotes is:
Three things in human life are important: the first is to be kind, the second is to be kind and the third is to be kind.
– Henry James
Really isn’t that what it is all about?
4) A Favorite Writing Resource –
Steven King’s book On Writing. Uncle Stevie is chock full of great advice and good stories. Highly recommend.
5) I love HBO series like Boardwalk Empire, which is beautifully shot and full of great characters. I am a little mad still about a character that got killed off at the end of last season, but I am trying to move on. 😉
6) I’ve started learning Krav Maga. What is Krav Maga? Krav Maga is a generic Hebrew word meaning “contact fighting”. At the school I’m attending, it’s a self defense and fighting system. I’ve only just started, but I am looking forward to learning. I may certainly not have sought out the class on my own and may have been inclined to say, “Well that’s not me”, but as I wrote in my Me Before You book review, I really am trying to open up my definition of what’s me by trying new things. And if nothing else comes of it, maybe something I learn will show up in something I write.
7) Here is something I think is a great guide for life – especially life in what we share on the interwebs. There are more than enough haters and lots of hating, but let’s focus on what we love.
Celebrate What You Love
Instead of Bashing What You Hate
Thanks for reading & have a great week!
Blogs I nominate for One Lovely Blog Award:
1) Ellen Mulholland @thisgirlclimbs
2) Ainsley Wynter @AinsleyWynter
3) Emma Wicker @ELWicker
4) Garry @gjscobie
5) Anna Langford @MsAnnaLangford
6) JHMae @byjhmae
7) Danielle Hanna@danielleLHanna
8) Jackson Dean Chase @Jackson_D_Chase
9) Linda Myers @lindabmyers
10) Emilia Leigh @Emilia_Leigh
11) Kristi Lazzari @KristiLazzari
12) Lunatic Poet @JesiScott
13) Amanda S. Green@AmandaSGreen
14)Larry Atchely Jr @LarryAtchleyJr
15) Fiction and Food Not on Twitter, that I know of, but her blog is awesome 🙂
16) Wordsplash – also not on Twitter, but a great blog and great writer. Always so supportive, I appreciate her a great deal. Check her out.